Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Yet ANOTHER Amazing Trip

I know I keep writing about "amazing" trips, but I really can't help it!  Once again, I had SO much fun on one of our AFS trips.  This one was only with my local chapter here in Puriscal.  Wednesday morning, we met in el centro at 2:30 in the morning (No, you didn't read that wrong.  We really did meet that early).  We drove to Puntarenas, a beach about 2 hours from my house, and took the 5 o'clock ferry across the Gulf of Nicoya.  The ferry ride was a little over and hour, so we got to the other side  after 6.  Then, we drove to El Tambor, an all inclusive resort in Guanacaste, and stayed there for two nights.

Before I left, everyone told me that the beaches in Guanacaste are especially gorgeous, but I actually preferred Punta Leona's beaches.  Tambor's beach was definitely beautiful, but the brown and slightly rocky surface couldn't compete with the pure white sand in Punta Leona.  Plus, Tambor's water was pretty rough, unlike the bathtub we swam in in Punta Leona.

That said, everything else about El Tambor was perfect.  Picture this: food and drinks whenever you want them, a huge pool with an all-inclusive bar in it, a beach lined with palm trees, and all your new best friends/ sisters and brothers to share the experience with.





Our AFS family became even closer those three days.  I seriously can't believe I've only known these people for 5 weeks.  And sadly, now that we're all a family, I'm about to be ripped away and shipped back to the US.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I am really excited to see my friends and family there.  It's just that I feel like I've built this new life here in Costa Rica, only to turn around and say goodbye to everyone.

It's the wierdest thing, having so many different feelings about the same day.  Thinking of August 31st makes me so sad, but so happy at the same time.  The thought of being home makes me smile, but I cannot even think about leaving here.  I have four days, just FOUR days, left of this awesome experience.  So, let's just say I'm already planning my first return visit...

No comments:

Post a Comment