Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

¡Hola, Costa Rica!

Sorry I haven´t written in so long, but it was hard to get internet access at the AFS orientation in San Jose.  Well, anyway... I´m with my host family!  I´m sitting in my house in Puriscal, CR, and I just can´t believe it!  The goodbyes with my friends and family on Thursday morning were hard, but now they´ve been replaced by plenty of hellos. Hellos, hugs, and kisses. 

First at the orientation in Miami, where I met all of the American students going to Costa Rica. 

The twelve Americans in the Miami airport.

Then at the camp where all the AFS students stayed for two nights.  I met students from all over, heard languages from all over, got in pictures with people from all over.  It was an amazing experience! 

Me (far right) with the three Hungarians.

But the best hellos were the ones just a few hours ago, when I finally met my host family!

Meeting my host mom and sister.
I can already tell they´re all so nice and so helpful with my Spanish! I can´t wait to get to know them better!

1 comment: